Blueair 403 HepaSilent Air Purifier Review
The Blueair 403 air purifier is designed to create a healthier climate in your home with crystal clean air while producing almost no noise. This model can cleanse the air in premises of about 365 sq. ft. HEPASilent and electrostatic technology are able to capture almost 99.97% of in-house dust and particles up to 0.1 microns in diameter.
- Extremely good to deal with dust, smoke/odor, and dander. A great solution when fast air cleaning is needed
- Operates smoothly and with almost no noise at its lowest speed
- Supplied with a filter indicator to let you know the time to replace/clean the main filter
- No significant ozone volume is produced
- Energy Star Rated
- Carrying handle is installed by default
- HepaSilent filters
- At low-speed mode it may not cope properly with intense contamination
- No pre-filter
Blue Air 403 Special Features
As of Swedish origin, Blue air 403 can boast a solid shape, which naturally fits into any space you allocate it. Another big advantage is galvanized steel construction so that people who are sensitive to off-gas will not be subject to any harm. The inner surfaces are produced from synthetic materials which prevent the growth of various bacteria.
Low noise level
Blueair 403 is a HEPA Silent air purifier. Even when it works at full capacity, you will hear a very delicate noise only. Though a lot of customers report they use the top speed as they find medium mode is not enough for their space.
Due to the unique patented HEPAsilent technology, Blue air 403 minimizes the harmful air content to almost 0%.
5 Stage filteration
First three stages make up the initial process, during which the contaminated air is imbued a negative charge. All the negatively charged particles are caught by a polypropylene filter.
The last two additional stages of filtering ensure all the impurities are removed. Blueair added filter to cope with bigger particles of home dust (like mold, pollen, etc.) and SmokeStop Filter (activated carbon filter) to fight smoke and odors.
Blue air 403 was tested and certified by the Association of Home Appliance Manufacturers (AHAM) for room size of 370 square feet. The Clean Air Delivery Rate (CADR) is:
- 240 dust
- 240 smoke
- 240 pollen
Air Change Rate (ACH)
- 5 cycles per hour
Blueair invented a hybrid filter structure with both electrostatics and charged media filters to get HEPA-like effect with less use of energy and high carrying capacity.
3-stage filter thanks to the process of catching negatively charged peculiars make unbelievable work of cleaning the air with 99.97% effect. Three successive texture fiber layers serve to keep the particles inside. Blue air 403 does not involve any chemicals while air cleansing process due to the innovative materials used in its construction. Polypropylene deals with 100% of any bacteria growth.
HEPA Silent technology of BlueAir 403 allows careless filters usage since there is no need to clean them all the time. Normally it takes 6 months before replacement. However, if you don’t smoke or have no pets the filter may serve up to 1 year. Anyway, there is a little clock that informs you when the due date arrives. Blue air 403 is recommended to operate 24 hours every day.
Those who are concerned about struggling with smoke and odor are recommended to use SmokeStop filter.
This filter has already won a reputation of a strong and reliable odor and smoke fighter. It is filled with 3 pounds of coconut husk processed in a special way that deals effectively even with tough chemicals.
You can utilize the same filters for the whole 400 series. Blueair brand filters are the best and we don’t recommend using analogs.
Blueair 403 does not include a pre-filter function. The inner space may get dusty and cleaning it on a regular basis is strongly recommended.
Find a spacious area for your 403 Blue Air cleaner as its dimensions are: 23″ x 20″ x 11″ inches and weight of 33 pounds with no wheel support.
Some reviewers report that the cord would be more comfortable to use if it was a bit longer than 5 feet.
Blueair classic 403 demonstrates beneficial capacity. When running on the third speed it purifies 240 cubic feet per minute. In comparison to other electrostatics, it produces almost no ozone.
- Best for premises of 365 sq. meters
- You can locate it in any place, even against a wall while there’s no interference with the airflow
- The filter can be accessed from the front side of the unit
- Possible repeated use of filters
– Is Blueair 403 able to produce heat?
No, it is designed the way to produce no heat during operation
– Can I use Blueair 403 in my bathroom?
No, you cannot. Never use it in the wet areas as you might get electrocuted when water contacts the unit
– Is UV-light a part of operation technology in Blueair 403?
The technology is not connected to any UV-light and does not use any similar technology
In this part of the review we take a look at the issues and solutions you may experience.
– My Blueair 403 did not come to operation
- Check if the unit is plugged in
– Blueair 403 vibrates when work
- Put the device onto a solid surface
– I feel the smell from my new Blueair 403
- As some hidden elements are made of plastic and corrugated cardboard, the odor can stay only for several days, and then it wears off
- Contact customer service if you still smell the odor after 2 weeks
– The odor comes from Blueair 403 when it runs
- Check if the plastic bag off the filter
- Clean air vent and pre-filter
- Make sure the filter doesn’t need to be changed
– Dropping of airflow delivery or purification rate
- Clean all vents from inside
- Vacuum HEPA filter
Blueair 403 performs the best when it comes to cleaning effect and absence of noise. This model is perfect for medium-sized rooms. With impressive CADR and Energy consumption rates it is not surprise that it has won numerous awards for the brand. Some people find it a bit expensive, but the cost-effectiveness is amazing. We definitely recommend this model for home use.